Friday, November 24, 2023

Spiritual Gifts

 There are always many people involved when someone is being led to Jesus. This might be why God has many different spiritual gifts that he gives to believers. It might take a person with each different spiritual gift to save someone. 

My grandma had the gift of teaching for sure. She could talk for hours without anyone asking her questions. She always told stories of how God provided for her and sent her angels, people, to help with whatever she needed help with. She would always tell people they were her angel for the day. I always thought that was sweet. 

My grandpa had the gift of administration. He was the organizer for everyone. He was the silent leader at the top. He didn't say much, but he kept us all in order. He kept us all depending on God for everything and humble. He reminded us what we were supposed to believe. 

I was the encourager of the family. I helped keep things fun for all of us. I was always happy to cheer anyone up with a smile or a song or a joke. I suppose my gift was also service. I was the dish washer of the family. :)

I have had many teachers in my life who kept me close to God. My best friend Ashley should have been a real teacher. She always taught me how to be good and smart and on top of my game in life. Thanks Ashley. :)

My mom has always been a teacher for me. She likes to play devil's advocate. She always takes the other person's side and tries to get me to see things from their perspective. It always bothered me that she did that, but it was good overall. It helped me see the other side of things. 

My brother often liked to teach me too. He kind of has an arrogant nature to him. He thinks he knows a lot more than me even though he's only 4 years older. He likes to tell me what I should have done or what I should do. It's a bit annoying, but at least he has a vision for how my life should look. He means well. I'm sure he is partly speaking out of regret. He wishes he would have done things better, so he wants me to do things better. No one lives a cookie cutter life though, do we? We all mess things up for ourselves in some way. 

Who have your teachers been? I hope they have helped you a lot to grow wiser in life. Tell them all thank you. :)

May God bless you!



No comments:

Post a Comment