Thursday, August 31, 2023

A Star is Born

This is a great movie. I was just thinking I have seen Meg Ryan and Sandra Bullock play alcoholics in movies. I've seen Julia Roberts drunk in a few movies. I had never seen a guy play an alcoholic before. Maybe because it can be a hard role to play. Two thumbs up to Bradley Cooper for playing a guy alcoholic in this movie! It got real in that and we all saw how ugly it can get when men love alcohol too much. 😳

 For 5 years I have wondered if this movie would be good. I try to see every movie Bradley Cooper makes. 😁 It was a lot more complex than I expected. Bradley struggled in real life with alcoholism. That is probably why he acted the part very well. I wonder if Lady Gaga had family or mates who drank a lot. She played the part of the co-dependant very well. She had so much love and patience for him. It was adorable but also sad. Cooper's dad in the movie was an alcoholic. That is where he learned the behavior. 

The apple never falls far from the tree. What our parents did to handle life is what we often will do. My mom slept a lot so I always have. My sleeping messed up as many relationships for me as drinking would for someone else. Every guy I was with got mad at me for my love of napping. Luckily now I found a fellow sleep addict. 😁😂

I don't understand why some people love excessive alcohol. But others may not understand things I do. Monkey see, monkey do. We inevitably follow in our parents' footsteps. Alcoholism is not in our genes. It is a learned behavior from how we grow up. Sometimes we blaze a new trail. But so often we walk the same trail that our parents walked. 

May God help all us who are addicted to sleep or drinking or pills etc. to have better self-control. In Jesus' name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment