Thursday, August 24, 2023

Young Love

 The first two things that taught me about love were the movie The Little Mermaid and the song The Power of Love. ๐Ÿ˜

I wanted to find a guy to love like Ariel loved Prince Eric. I wanted to cuddle someone like Celine Dion sang about.

 Then I grew up and realized most adult love is a bit different than those two images in my head. Most adult couples are more like friends who sometimes are attracted to each other. The spark doesn't stay alive for very long. 

You have to be a responsible adult. That means you realize you can't get whatever you want. Cuddling rarely works due to snoring. Your prince does not stay totally perfect forever. 

What did you anticipate love would be like as a child? How different is love for you now? 

I hope you figure out ways to keep that flame burning. Don't let the fire go out, because it is sad when it does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment