Sunday, August 27, 2023

Meg Ryan

 Someone once told me I have a smile like Meg Ryan. I liked that compliment a lot. 😊

I think the sweetest American actress has always been Meg Ryan. I think all us women wish we were more like her. There is a good interview of her with Oprah on YouTube. She divorced Dennis Quaid and was with Russel Crowe for a while. She said she didn't leave Dennis for Russel. She just wanted to leave her marriage. She said it wasn't a good marriage. They had a son together. I can only imagine what Dennis was like as a dad. If you have seen the movie "Yours, Mine and Ours" it makes you wonder if he was like that. A general commanding his family around. Oh dear....

I was just thinking how she was in 3 movies with Tom Hanks. I think both of them are Christian. You can see it in their eyes. 😁 It is really too bad they didn't ever get married. They were in Sleepless in Seattle first, which I am going to watch again today. I loved them so much in You've Got Mail. I have seen that movie many times. I love that it's about bookstores since I was an English major. They are the cutest couple in any movie in that one. 😍 And they were in Joe Vs. The Volcano together. Most people don't know about that movie. It is a bit odd. Joe hates his job and quits. A rich guy gives him money to go to an island. He is almost a sacrifice for the natives there to their god but he makes it out alive. It is about living a life you love and not just doing the same old routine that you hate every day. It was a great movie. 

I read Meg Ryan's wikipedia the other day and I found it interesting that after her divorce, all of her movies didn't do very well in the box office. Why was that? Either the movie scripts she picked were not that good, or the public was mad at her for divorcing Dennis and boycotted her movies. How sad. One movie only made 150K. That is almost nothing for a movie. It was called Serious Moonlight. I saw that and I liked it. I think it's worth watching. It is free on YouTube. It's about a woman who discovers her man is going to leave her for a younger woman. She refuses to let him go and tapes him to a chair until he changes his mind. He agrees to give her a baby. A year later he realizes the whole thing was a set up to make him fall in love with her again. He felt dooped. He probably wished he had run off with the younger woman. 

Everyone wants a younger person. I suppose because it makes you feel younger to be with someone younger. My current man is younger than me. I am happy I finally got a young guy. :) My ex was 4 years older but when we separated, he looked about 20 years older than me. πŸ‘΄ His hair was all grey and he had a lot of wrinkles already. I suppose that was from smoking for 25 years. It definitely ages someone a lot faster. Also he stressed out over everything. That also aged him a ton faster. 

Meg Ryan it seems did the same thing. She was married to Dennis who was 8 years older than her. I can imagine he was bossy with her. The older person is almost always bossy with the younger person. I try to not be bossy with my man, but I'm sure I come off as bossy very often. 😣

When she left Dennis, she went for Russel Crowe who was 2 years younger than her. I bet he was a lot more fun than her old, mean, grumpy husband. I used to call my ex grumpy bear often, because he was usually very grumpy. Now I am the grumpy older person, sometimes. I suppose it is just how things go. The older you get, the more grumpy you become. Oh well. πŸ˜’

I have a few Meg Ryan movies I haven't seen yet. I hope they are worth seeing. And I hope she gets to do a few more really great movies before her career is officially over. Go Meg Ryan! You are great!


No comments:

Post a Comment