Thursday, August 10, 2023

My Adorable Cats

 The kittens I have now are like my great great furry grandchildren. Over a year ago I got Snowflake and her babies via Craigslist. There were 3 Himalayan looking kittens, a white one and 2 black ones. Princess, the cat mom now, was one of the Himalayan ones. 

She was the cutest one so I kept her out of the 6. I meant to keep her fluffy Himalayan brother but she hissed at him after her first babies. That scared him away I suppose. 

 She has now had two litters. This litter she had with her son from her last litter. Interesting.  Well he was one of the dad's. I think a stripped cat and a black cat are the other dads. Cats can have kittens from more than one father. 

Now he and his mom are raising her current litter. It is funny he is like a dad cat now when he is only 5 months old. 

One of the current kittens looks exactly like a kitten I had when I was 23. So that is fun. She is a grey stripped design. God did a great job designing her! Another is brown stripped. Another is all black and fluffy. And two are tuxedo kittens, so black and white. 

I have a tricky time knowing where to put their food. My ongoing battle with the fire ants is still in process. Someday I will make them all go away. πŸ˜’

I created a little cat pond for them which helps them deal with the heat. They like to wade in the cat pond. It's so cute. 

Sometimes I let them be inside. Yesterday though they all went under the couch. 😲 Ah kittens...Then I put them in the garage with a toddler mattress in front of it, but they started climbing up the mattress. πŸ˜•

They keep me busy though so that is fun. I love my furr babies! 


No comments:

Post a Comment