Friday, January 12, 2024

My College Experience

 I felt so out of place in college. It felt like I was the only one at my private college that had a single mom. I was very quiet in all my classes. I think I felt like anything I said others would think it was dumb. 

The first year I was in love with a basketball player named Caleb. He was my chem lab partner. He was not the greatest partner. I told him the summer after the first year that I liked him. He said he had a girlfriend. Noooo....

My next crush was a guy in my choir. It was probably 3 years I was in love with him. I told him at one point that I liked him. He wanted to meet with me in person and told me he didn't like me. I was so annoyed. He could have told me that via e-mail. 

College was a bit of fun mixed in with one awkward and sad experience after another. If I could redo that time in my life, I would have quit college after the first month. 

The biggest annoyance was an honors program I was in. We were expected to read 3 books a week. That was too much. And the other kids in the program were annoying and arrogant. 

The main thing college taught me was to enjoy writing, and that is why I write as much as I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment