Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Paper Chaser

 I didn't even know what a paper chaser was until I heard this term in a sermon recently by Michael Todd. I guess that shows how much my mind isn't on money, but then again it has been. I have done almost everything a person could think of to make money. I went to college and finished. I wrote tons of books. I used to make bracelets. I opened a store for a while to sell them. I designed shirts. I even sewed mother daughter matching dresses for a while. I sold muffins I made. I did pizza delivery. I rented out rooms to lots of different people. I tried being a pizza manager. I wrote poetry. Now I'm working on my joke comedy book. Maybe someday something I do will make it big. Of course what does that mean? It means I could get rich, but why does that matter?

I think God has been keeping me from getting super rich for good reasons. "The love of money is the root of all evil." Can you have lots of money without loving it? I'm sure it's not easy. I think most rich people turn into a Mr. Scrooge and fall in love with their money. Maybe that love of money infects their brain and makes them go crazy. 

Life isn't just about money. The best things in life are free right? It's nice to be able to buy things as a reward to yourself, but how much does it really satisfy you? Maybe a close hug can be just as meaningful as buying something new. Paul said, "If we have food and clothing, with these things we should be content." 


No comments:

Post a Comment