Sunday, April 10, 2022

5 Stages of Grieving

 When you are grieving the death of a loved one you will feel 5 stages of grief. You might jump around randomly through all of these for a long time. There is denial, anger, depression, bargaining and acceptance. The main stages that I have felt this past 3 weeks are depression and anger. I am mad at myself mainly. I feel like I could have prevented Michael's death. But then I think of the verse, "It is appointed unto man one time to die." The date of our death is destiny. It can't be changed or prevented by anyone. It will be when it will be. No one can prevent a person from dying if it is their time to die. I have also been feeling a lot of depression. I have turned into a slug, or I feel like a slug at times. His death really took the wind out of my sails. But it is good to slow down sometimes. We need to take a deep breath. Enjoy what you can enjoy in life. Take better care of yourself. Sleep a lot. Eat good food. If God still has you alive he wants you to enjoy your life. So try to enjoy it as much as you can. Just because someone else died doesn't mean you can want to die too. Keep going. Keep breathing. Keep living. God is keeping you alive for a reason. Figure out what your purpose in life is and fulfill it. And learn to anesthetize your pain by trying to make the world a better place. May God bless you all. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment