Wednesday, April 20, 2022

My Travels

 At age 14 I went to India with my church. I was in Model United Nations in school, a debate team. My country was India to represent in a mock conference. The topic was religious intolerance. I told my youth pastor, "Most Christians probably won't have the guts to go to India because they burn Christians. We should go there!" And we did. We visited churches there and put on a service for them, simply to encourage them. It was the coolest week of my entire life! And so began my next 23 years as a missionary. Most of my missions work has been here in the US in California, Nebraska, and Texas. 

Then when I was 16 I went to Taiwan on a missions trip to teach English. I had such an awesome time! Ok maybe that was the most fun and happiest week of my life. ☺ I had the time of my life there! We had great worship times in the church there, which was very anointed. I was a high school kid Teaching high school kids. That was a big thrill. We ate rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. πŸ˜‚ I loved my time there so much! 

When I was 22 I went back to that same church in Taiwan with my church. We ran a summer camp. It was super great! There was some conflict on our team but overall it was fun. Me and fat women really don't mesh well. 😣

I went on a few trips to Mexico from age 16 through 25. They were great! One week we all only got to shower once all week. We washed our hair in some sprinklers at a college there. 😧 In the evening I would fall in love with my youth leader as he played us songs on his guitar all night. 😍☺

At age 27 I went to Australia. I had a lot of extra money at that time. I decided to finally live out my dream of snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef. I had met a great guy through online dating, so we hung out for a few months there and did lots of fun stuff. The beaches there were pretty tight. I was sad to leave, but I was seriously missing the states. There is no place like home. ☺ 

After that I got married and had kids. It was a very sheltered but peaceful time of my life. Then he went crazy so I was free again, which was bitter sweet. 

A year ago I went on a 2 month long road trip by myself. It was amazing! I didn't think I had enough courage to travel alone for that long. Every day was a total rush and a thrill. I never knew what city I might drive to next. The goal was to get to Miami, but really the entire trip was completely spontaneous. It was great! I had the time of my life. Someday I hope to do that again, but with a special person. Only God knows who that special person will be. 😁 My goal next time is to make it up to New York. 

Other fun traveling adventures...I lived in Alaska for a summer working on a cruise ship. I worked on the cruise ship going out of San Diego down to Mexico. 

I did a great road trip with my mom and older brother from Nebraska to CA. We went up through Yellowstone. That was a heavenly experience. ☺ 

I lived in Hawaii for a summer as a nanny for my Uncle Gary. I had a lot of fun living there. 

My goal now is to save up for my next grand adventure. I have no idea when I will go or where I will go, but going somewhere would be great! 













No comments:

Post a Comment