Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Efforts Burned Up

 If you put a lot of energy and effort into helping someone to be happy or to get saved, but all the effort you put in seems to have no effect, then why should you put more effort into them? Does that mean it is time to give up on the work in progress that you were trying to mold and create? 

Is there a point at which you throw up your hands and say, "Enough. I can't help you. I don't know how to help you. You refuse to let me help you." And is it then time to move on to more pliable projects? More responsive projects. People who actually want your help and are humble enough to let you change them for the good. 

"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." 

Don't be too proud. Remain humble enough so that people who really, really want to help you will still try. Don't cause other people to try to give up on you. We all need help. Don't ever assume you are so astounding that you don't require any help from anyone. Stay pliable. Stay moldable. Stay contrite. 

Life and people can help you grow but you have to let them. Lay your ego and pride to the side and say, "Ok where do I need to grow? God help me. I need your help." As long as you won't accept help, you stay stuck in your ugliness. Let the light shine into your dark places. Let go of the drama and the hatred and your stubborn nature. Let your thick walls come crashing down. Your hatred got you this far. But it is time to let it go now. Let God empower you rather then your anger. Feel him melt the bitterness away like butter. Let his presence wrap around you and melt the ice away from your spirit. Let it all go. Drop it at the feet of Jesus. Say to God, "Take it. Take my anger. Take my pride. I give it all away for you. Lead me now. I am humble enough to follow you finally. I will go anywhere you want me to go." And lay down to rest. And let God minister to your soul. 

😊

No comments:

Post a Comment