Thursday, April 14, 2022

The Ocean

 Everyone thinks Californians are so soft, but once you get thrashed around in the ocean a few times you turn into a freaking warrior. 😀

When I was 14 I almost drowned in the ocean. I literally had a moment where I said, "Ok God I guess this is it." But then my youth pastor came out and saved me from drowning. Praise God for him! He was pretty cute too. :) 

Years later I often would ride my bike to the beach and just stare out at the waves. I would watch the surfers and admire their courage to be out there, braving the strong waves. I didn't get close to the waves in the ocean for years after that. The next time I did, it took a ton of courage. 

What are you most afraid of? Maybe you have reasons to fear it, but learn to face your fears. Life is a ton more fun when you are finally afraid of nothing. 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment