Friday, April 15, 2022

My Marriage

 I met my ex husband through online dating. It was around Valentine's Day 10 years ago. I was missing my ex who had died 7 months before then. Roger had been married and divorced so I chose to search on plentyoffish.com for guys who were divorced. I figured they would appreciate a new lover just as much as my ex had appreciated me. That is how I found Ben. I emailed him and said, "How are you?" He asked for my number. We talked on the phone, and I knew right away that he was the one. He read to me some poems he had written. I loved his poems a lot. 2 weeks later we got married. We had a wonderful marriage for 7 years and raised two super adorable girls together. 

Why did it end then when it began so beautifully? The main reason was that I got greedy and kept wanting to buy too much stupid stuff online. Also my step dad was being inappropriate with our little girl. After we realized that, it drove us both crazy for about a year. So we parted ways. But I never stopped caring about him. We stayed in touch and we have remained good friends ever since. 

I will always remember the happy memories of us as a family. It was the happiest 7 years of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment