Wednesday, April 13, 2022

My Sports

 I just watched A League of Their Own again. That was one of the first movies I ever saw actually. It made me want to go find a city softball team to join. 😁 I played softball for one summer. That was the happiest summer of my life. 😀 All my best friends were on that team and we played great! I was the short stop. One time I caught a line drive headed right at me. I remember I got hit by the ball up at bat once. That hurt. 😣 

My very first sport was swimming. At age 7 my grandma encouraged my mom to get me on a swim team. From age 9 to 13 I played volleyball, basketball and soccer. I ran cross country one year at age 14. One time I ran so hard in a race that I tasted blood in my throat. 😂 So I decided to stick with just basketball from age 14 to 22. In college I played intramurals. I always wanted to try out for our college team but I chickened out. 😪 I was pretty good though. 

I grew up playing at parks all the time with tons of guys. They would always be like, "Oh she can play!" And if I made a basket a guy would say to his friend, "Oh you got schooled by a girl!" That was always funny. 😁 I had a best guy friend in high school. We would ride our bikes to a park and play. I miss those days.

I remember freshman year in college one professor had us all say one thing we were passionate about. I said basketball. After class a girl came up to me and asked, "Were you the one who said basketball?" And we were best friends for the next 4 years. 

Oh how I miss being young. Why do we all have to get old? I wonder if I tried to play some ball at the YMCA here if the men would let me play. 😁 I should totally try. 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment