Friday, April 1, 2022

Funerals

My friend's funeral is tomorrow. I would go if it wasn't taking place 2 hours away.  I have only been to 2 funerals before. One was my grandma who I admired more then I have ever admired another human being. She was the most amazing and the most loving person that God ever created. I gave a speech about her at her funeral and cried the whole time and then cried hard for 2 hours after that. I was sad that the world had lost the most amazing saint that it ever had. I feel mostly similar about my friend who died. The world lost a truly amazing saint. He wasn't perfect. No one is. But he really was an amazing and very loving person. I asked him one time what he thought about a guy driver we worked with and if I should like him. He said, "He's a slippery snake. All us guys are." I knew he said that because he cared about me a lot and he just wanted to protect me. I cared about him a lot too. He was so sweet and so confident and so godly. If there was ever a person I have wanted to be exactly like it was Michael. He was outgoing and fun. I always felt like his personality was as strong as an army general and I loved it. He left a big whole in our Papa John's store and the 4 of us leaders left will try the best we can to replace him. But he really isn't replaceable. His care for others was simply beautiful. I will always regret never asking him out. I wanted to, many times. But he gets to be with God now and that is better then him being with me. I am happy that he is in heaven now and I know he is. We love you Michael, and we all miss you. I hope you get to have a flying horse up there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment