Friday, April 1, 2022

Regret

 All good things come to an end. People never part on good terms for if they were on good terms they would never part. Once upon a time in a faraway fairy land I had a beautiful family that Satan destroyed. I said too many destructive things. I tried to be a light on social media. But I was talking too much about my personal life and my whole life fell down in shambles. I didn't keep my shield of faith up and so Satan's destructive fiery arrows hit me and broke up my family. I stopped believing that my ex husband could be a good provider. I stopped believing that we would always be a good team. I told him one day, "I give up." Life and death are in your words. That one phrase killed my marriage and my family. I lost my kids, my gorgeous house, my easy and comfortable life. I let myself out into the cold world all on my own. It has been a grand and crazy adventure ever since then. I have had tons of fun. I have learned a lot, but my how I miss that easy, sheltered and safe life that I had. I think I just got too comfortable, too complacent, too ungrateful. I assumed that I would have all that forever. I took my life for granted. I took my husband and kids for granted. I had no idea how good I had it. I didn't truly appreciate what I had. You don't know what you have until it's gone. If I could go back in time to 3 years ago I would in a heartbeat. If I could get a do over I would love that. If you have a beautiful family, appreciate it. No family is perfect. You can search the whole world to replace what you had but some things can never be replaced. Hang on to what you have. You might think life could be happier if you change it but it might not be. Never give up on those you love. Ever. They deserve for you to serve them forever no matter what. 

No comments:

Post a Comment