Friday, January 27, 2023

Being a Mom And...


When you were growing up, who did you want to become someday? What dreams did you have? I always wanted to be the next Mariah Carey. I wanted to encourage people with songs I wrote, like her song "Hero." Then when I grew up, I changed to wanting to be the next Joyce Meyer, which is why I love to write books a lot now. I am trying to follow in her footsteps. I would love to hold conferences like she does someday. Maybe that could be in my future. Only God knows. 

When you are a mom, you are limited in what other goals you can accomplish. Some people do everything they want to do before they have kids. I can mostly say that I did. I got to travel a lot. I have been to India, Taiwan, Australia and Mexico. I had every job that I could possibly want to have. I did tons of road trips, mainly all over the Western states. I could say I have done it all, and I am finally ready to settle down and just stay in one place. But there is a yearning in my heart that makes me still want to explore. I am a Sagittarius. That may have a bit to do with that. We are known to love traveling and adventure. There is always some new thing we want to do or to see. I can fulfill that need now by writing a book on every topic I can think of, and trying new foods all the time. That has been fun. 

What other goals have you always had? Do you want to finish college? I have a degree in English. At least I got that done and over with before becoming a mom. But part of me has always wanted to get a Masters degree, one in counseling would be really great. Then I could open my own counseling office. I would mainly visit with women and children. I have always wanted to run a church, but most say that is not allowed since I am a woman. Writing books is a great alternative to that. It is me finding my place to be able to still teach as a woman. 

You might feel limited in what career you could pursue as a woman, which might be why you decided to settle down and have a family. Usually women are limited to being a teacher, nurse or secretary. There isn't a whole lot else that women are allowed to do, or should do. There is a very interesting movie called North Country where women worked in the mines in the northern states. They were sexually harassed a lot and ended up suing the company because they allowed it, and even encouraged it. I could say I had to endure some sexual harassment just working at Papa John's for 3 years. It was a man's world and I was lucky to mostly have been able to fit into it. You have to be strong out there in the work world. You basically have to pretend you are a man, which is why it seems far better to just settle down and have a big family. Why do both career and motherhood when you can just be a mom? But we all have our own dreams we hope to accomplish. 

I hope you get to do all that you dream to do. Don't let being a mom hold you back. Either you can have less kids, if you are young, or you can wait for the kids you have to grow up and then do whatever is in your heart. It's never too late to achieve all that you want to achieve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment