Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Guns Suck

I have always been super anti-guns. I have never ever wanted to own a gun. Anytime someone tells me they want to buy one, I just want to yell Nooooooo. Guns for the general public really should be illegal. We don't need to hunt our food. We have grocery stores. Why does anyone need a gun? They don't. They really should be banned in every state, period. 

We all need to just trust our police to protect us rather than thinking we need to protect ourselves. Conspiracy theorists have notions that the police might turn bad, and then we won't be able to trust them. Rather than worry about if the police can be trusted, why don't you trust God to help the police do their job right? I have always trusted the police. Someone cannot become an officer unless they are mentally sound. I am not saying they are all super nice, but at least they are tested before becoming officers and they pass. If you want to be an officer, you cannot be on any medications. That is a wonderful rule for them to have. 

I had an ex who had a gun. He was on medication. The night he decided to shoot up a building he had missed 3 doses of his meds. That is a common thing among people who commit violence with guns. They either just got put on a medication, they missed doses, or they are trying to quit their meds. 

I did not know that my ex owned a gun. His dad had given it to him at some point. Good job to his dad. That is sarcasm. One night he was really angry about a few things. I had said that I missed my ex, maybe just because he was older and more mature. He had been fired from his previous job. He then listened to his angry emo music for 5 hours straight on his headphones. After that, at midnight, he went to a former work place and shot the building 6 times. He went to jail for 6 months. He is lucky he wasn't sentenced for a longer time. 

I drove over to that business two nights later, just to see the damage. The owner thought I was him, since I was driving the same car. He literally started shooting at me. Well I didn't know if he was shooting at me, or into the air, just to scare me off. I thought if I went late at night he would not be there. Why in the heck was he there at 1am? But curiosity killed the cat right? He didn't injure me, or do damage to my car but my goodness, that scared the crap out of me. I felt like I was in a movie. Reason number 512 why guns need to be banned. Like seriously. 

All of that would have never happened if my ex, Josh, was never given a gun. He was cute too. He looked just like Justin Bieber. All because of a gun, I lost the hottest and coolest boyfriend I had ever had. It was a very sad tragedy in my life. I cried about for quite a while. 

That only increased my disdain for guns. He was only 21 and that event probably messed up the rest of his life. Once you get convicted of anything, jobs are much harder to find, no one trusts you. Who can you live with? Your parents are probably scared of you, siblings probably are. If you get in a relationship and tell them what you did, they might kick you out if they start to get scared of you. There is no good outcome for someone who commits any act of violence with a gun. 

And that is why, guns should be banned in every single state. But that is just my two cents on the topic. You are welcome to have your own opinion. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment