Saturday, January 21, 2023

Getting There


A land flowing with milk and honey

Maybe I am already there

Or maybe there is more

What else do I want?


It seems I am always wanting more

But what?

Why is it that what I have 

Never seems like enough?


Fame, popularity, a ministry that helps millions

Those things would be great

Importance, feeling like my life matters

Is that what else I need?

Just to do something that helps others

All my life I worked hard serving others

Hopefully that will never end

Hopefully I will help in the way

That people most need help

The healing of their soul


May I figure out what I want 

And may it become easy to get

Thank you God for making me content

While I keep looking for more

The search never ends

But that keeps us 

Working for something

And work is good for the soul 


No comments:

Post a Comment