Saturday, January 21, 2023

My Dream Coming True


2 Corinthians 6:18 

"I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty.”

I feel like I have finally arrived at my own promise land. All my life I wanted to inherit a free house. I thought that would have been through my grandma. She had a few extra houses and maybe I could have had one. She always said I was her favorite grandchild. "You have not because you ask not." I never asked for one, so perhaps that is why she never gave me one. But now I finally have a free house through my boyfriend's grandma, ironically, and it is wonderful. It is just as great as I thought it would be. Less bills to worry about. We don't have to worry about it being taken away from us.

Ever since I saw the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" when the dad gives the newly married couple a free house, that became a dream for me. Like a serious dream. Finally I got it. 

I quit my job at Papa John's due to way too much drama. I had savings so I took time to relax and write. I felt God tell me, "You deserve to be somebody's wife." He told me to get on a dating app. I picked the Match one. I was thinking that might lead to something more long term. Tinder, if you haven't noticed, is mainly about just one day hook ups. Most people on there don't expect or want anything beyond that. 

My current boyfriend was the third date that I tried. He messaged me his phone number saying to call him. So I called and one of the first things he said was, "I have a house over in that area by your apartment." I was thinking, how does he have a house? He is only 30. I invited him to come over. Then he said it was his grandma's house. I was like, "Oh then it's not really your house." But she said he could have it, so it was his. Literally a few days later we moved into our house. 3 months later I ended up pregnant, which was the plan. :) And now possibly we will stay here forever and enjoy our free house. The backyard is nice. The neighborhood is safe. The house was remodeled some so it is old, but it looks new and nice. 

Does that make you want to try the Match app? 

But all things that are great can be hard. My pregnancy hasn't been all bliss. I have had bad digestion issues and heartburn. It is worth it, or at least it will be. No pain, no gain right?

I have been thinking since we moved in here, what else can I get from God? If God made that dream come true, what is next?

My next big dream is owning and running a beach house Bed and Breakfast. But I don't have to be exactly like my grandma. She did that. I don't have to do that. But if it did ever happen, it could be tons of fun. It is nice to have some extra dream for the future. It makes you excited to live the rest of your life. 

I have never wanted to just be like everyone else. I have always wanted something big for my life. I wanted to travel the entire world. I have wanted to save thousands of people for many years now. Whatever dream I have, it is big. I never dream for small things. 

I think my ex couldn't handle my big visions. For him it was overwhelming. That is why we didn't work out. He wanted to just get by. His dreams were limited by his many fears. He couldn't let go of his poverty mindset. He didn't think he deserved big things. We moved into an upper class neighborhood and I think he felt as though he didn't deserve that, so he messed it all up for himself. He didn't feel that he belonged there, so he gave it all up by allowing himself to loose his mind. 

If you want great things, you have to first believe that you deserve it. You have to see that as something that is possible for you before it can happen. You can't limit yourself by your past or all the insecurities you have. Confidence goes before any great dream being received. 

Let your mind be free. Set yourself free to dream huge dreams. What is possible for your life? "All things are possible for those who believe." You never know what you can accomplish until you do it. You can do a lot more then you realize you can do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment