Sunday, January 22, 2023

Satan's Power

 This has bothered me for a long time now, why does God allow Satan to have as much power as he has? Because we let him. That is the easy answer. Is it all Satan causing our suffering? Maybe we bring about a lot of our own suffering. 

Paul said he had a thorn in the flesh. I have that right now with a terrible headache. He said his thorn was a messenger of Satan sent to torment him. Why did God allow Paul to be tormented? To make him stronger perhaps. God only said to him, "My power is made perfect in weakness." 

We lean on God more when we are weak. Joseph said, "What Satan meant for evil, God used for good." Paul said, "All things work together for your good." Jesus said, "God let this cup pass from me. Yet not my will but your be done." 

God allows Satan to hurt us, to humble us. To remind us of our frailty so that we will cry out to God more. 

James said, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." 

The people who suffer the least are often the least mature. Those of us who have suffered a ton have the wisdom of a 70 year old. That wisdom can only be gained through extreme pain and heartache. 

The next time you suffer you could say, "I know this will make me a better person. Thank you God that this will have that effect." Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment