Sunday, January 8, 2023

Pray to Get Close to God

Matthew 7:21-23
"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’"

How is it that these people did miracles and cast out demons without knowing God? Maybe they did not pray at all. They knew about God, but they did not know God. They knew God in their head, but he was not in their hearts. They did God's work, but they did not have a relationship with him. 

We need to pray especially so that when we get to heaven God will say that he knows us. Why would he let anyone into heaven that he doesn't know? 

Jesus said, "My sheep hear my voice." If you hear God speaking to you, you will know you are destined for heaven. If you don't ever hear God, ask yourself why? Is it because you are not listening? Why are you not listening for God's voice? Is it because you think you don't deserve for him to talk to you? 

Maybe you are too busy doing other things. Talk to God about those other things. Ask for his input. Bring him into the rest of the things that you do. Keep that line of communication open with God 24/7 so that when you get to heaven someday Jesus will say to you, "I know you. Come on in and feast!" πŸ˜€πŸ“πŸ‡πŸŠπŸ—πŸ

No comments:

Post a Comment