Monday, January 23, 2023

Satan's War

Genesis 3:15 

"I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.”

This is the best description of spiritual warfare in the Bible. Satan is always trying to attack us just like a snake. This was quite ironic. About 4 years ago my youngest daughter drew a picture of a bunch of snakes. I knew spiritually that was meant to represent my ex and his family. They kept trying to attack me as viciously as a hoard of snakes. I felt like they were trying to take me out. They were highly influenced by Satan. That is why I had to clear my head and get space from all of them. 

Part of me wonders if that will happen again. Satan always seems to succeed in getting inside those closest to me and pitting them against me. It is scary really. I probably should just lay low, forget about trying to save everyone, and maybe Satan would leave me alone. But it is very hard to do that. Life gets super boring when you stop trying to fight spiritual battles and help save the lost. It is hard to just ignore all the things I know Satan might be doing to people out in the world. So I have always tried to wage war against him. 

I can't wait for him to be defeated at the end of the world. Until then I will try to scare him away from those I love the most. I can only hope my writing will equip you all to stand firm in your fight against Satan. 

You can't ignore Satan. You can't think he is not real. Lots of people want to pretend Satan doesn't exist. Then he has already won with them, because they don't have their spiritual defense armor on. Most people let their guard down too often, and then Satan has the advantage over them. They have no idea that some spiritual entity is trying to harass them and make their life horrible. They think it's just themselves or other people. 

So many people get mad at other people, but it's Satan that we all need to remember to get mad at. Our battle is not against other people. It is against Satan. Don't put that weight on others and hold it against them forever. What if Satan really did make them do whatever they did to you? What if it wasn't them, but some other spiritual being inside their mind? 

Forgive others more readily. It will help to realize this, that it often is not actually them that are hurting you. It might be just a demon in them compelling them to commit evil acts and say evil things. They might be just as much of a victim as you are. Pray for them. This is why Jesus said, "Pray for your enemies." They might be plagued mentally by Satan, and that is why they hurt you. Not that we are not at all responsible for our actions. We all need to say sorry and admit it if we do wrong. Ultimately that person let Satan have control of their mind, so they are partly at fault. 

When you see what is happening behind what you can see, it helps to get over things faster. Your enemy is not that person as much as it is Satan. Get mad at Satan more then you get mad at them, and forgive them. "Hate in your heart will consume you too." Keep your life free of hatred and bitterness.  


No comments:

Post a Comment