Monday, June 12, 2023

Career Goals

 When I was young, my ideal career was to train dolphins at Sea World. I went there a few times in San Diego as a child and I found it to be amazing. I wanted to run those shows and make all those people happy. I started out majoring in Biology in college to accomplish that goal, but then decided to switch to English. I figured my writing skill might take me places, so English was the major to do. 

I considered becoming a lawyer. I still think that might be possible. I love to debate. I was in a debate club in high school called MUN. I had a lot of fun in that program. We did a mock trial in my Civics class. I had tons of fun pretending to be a lawyer. 

I also wanted to become a college professor. That might be the more likely thing for me to do someday. I just have to get a Masters. Or I might teach in a private school someday. 4th grade would be ideal for me I think. That is the best age. The kids are adult like but still very kid like too. They are still nice. After 5th grade I don't know what happens to kids, but they all get an ego. They start to think they could run the entire planet. You always hear jokes about how hard it is to raise teens. I'm sure it is. 

If I was a man, I would have become a pastor. But overall now I think that is a silly job. They only work one hour a week. Some pastors actually visit people in their home or in hospitals, but most do not. They just work one hour a week. Not fair.....

I have had a dream lately of running a franchise. The movie Meet Bill got me thinking more about that. I had considered a Papa John's franchise or a restaurant. I always used to say when I made something tasty, "When I open my own restaurant, I will cook this for everyone." 

I also want to run a Bed and Breakfast on a beach somewhere. That would be so great!

Who knows what my little family and I will do someday. I have many dreams. For now I am happy at my home with my hot man, my baby boy and my 14 pets. :) I have everything that I want for now. Praise God. 



No comments:

Post a Comment