Thursday, June 29, 2023

Formula vs. Breastfeeding

 I have regretted a few times that I did not try breastfeeding my baby more. He was a primi though, so he seemed too weak to breastfeed at first. Also when you are in the hospital, they feed the babies formula from day one. I think how things used to be was that the baby had to get so hungry that they felt they had to figure out how to breastfeed. If the baby isn't really hungry, they aren't very motivated to breast feed. Hospitals should probably consider that. It is good to feed the baby something obviously, but when formula takes the place of the mom from the beginning, it is hard to train the baby to breastfeed. 

I tried getting two different breast pumps. It was a very slow process to pump. I had in laws over all day, every day so that made it hard to get time to pump. It wasn't their fault though. That was mandated by CPS. The cause of that mainly was jealousy from a night nurse there. She started drama for me by complaining to CPS about me. I think it was mainly because I was white. Perhaps she hates white people. 

About pumping, I should have shut myself in a room more often to get that done but I didn't. I also have neck issues from accidents as a kid, and pumping hurt my neck a bit. 

I wish breast feeding would have worked out though because it was free milk. Formula is crazy expensive, unless you get the powdered kind but then the baby might not get all that full. I use the pre-mixed kind which might be made with soy milk. 

I hope the formula is totally safe for the baby. There are strange things in some baby products, possibly due to the elite's desire to depopulate. :( I hope there is nothing dangerous in the formula I am giving to my son. 

If you use formula for your baby, don't worry. It is hard to do everything perfectly as a mom. Let yourself off the hook of that expectation. Forgive yourself. Obviously breastfeeding is ideal, but not everyone can pull it off. May God give you peace about whatever you decide to feed your baby. 

God bless and good luck fellow moms :)



No comments:

Post a Comment