Saturday, June 10, 2023

Family Challenges

 When my brother was 19 he got his gf pregnant. They broke up. He didn't know he had a son until after his son was born. He tried shared custody but his ex was difficult. He then moved back to CA to be with my mom and I. From age 2 to 7 he didn't see his son. Then my grandpa told him to go back to NE and be a father to his son. I cried a ton when he left CA, but I was proud of him for forcing his ex to let him be a father to his son. 

Now I am about to go 5 years without seeing my kids. I realized recently God gives us all 2 parents so we will always have at least 1. I lost my dad at age 14. I felt like 14 to 18, when I just had my mom, was the best time of my life. I can only hope my daughters are having the best time of their lives. It can be a lot better to just have 1 parent rather than 2. 

Kids do tend to break couples up. I remember when my oldest was little, she would push my ex and I apart when we would hug. So we just stopped hugging. And that was the beginning of our great divide. 

If you are a grandma, it helps a lot to watch the kids so the parents can have couple time. Kids are great, but they tend to divide their parents. I am surprised that any families stay together. May God help all the families to not get torn apart. And keep hugging your mate, even if your kids seem to not like it. 😀

 

No comments:

Post a Comment