Friday, June 30, 2023

Kid Sports

 I will probably have my son try all the same sports that I did, in the order that I did them. I had a lot of fun growing up playing tons of sports. 

My first sport, or form of good exercise, was bike riding. I might skip that one for him though. Bikes caused me and my daughter serious injuries. Bikes can be incredibly dangerous. Maybe that is why currently, my in laws discouraged me from bike riding. :)

When I was 6, I was on a swim team. That was very therapeutic for me. I had a hard childhood, but I think that kept me happy. In 4th grade I started basketball, volleyball and soccer. I just did soccer for a year, but it was still fun. I played volleyball for 3 years. I was pretty good. 

Basketball I kept playing for the next 12 years. I played on teams in school and then intramural in college. I played at parks a lot, usually with all guys. That was lots of fun. They were always enamored that a female could really play well. That was always a fun ego boost for me. 

I played softball for one summer after 7th grade. My team was all my friends from school so that was super cool. 

I never tried playing tennis on a team, but I played for fun a lot in my 20's. 

The only sports I have never played are water polo and normal golf. I have done mini golf many times, as most of us have. 

One of my dreams is to open an indoor air conditioned mini golf course. Maybe someday I will. That is great family boding time. 

I suppose a great first sport for boys is T ball. That would be cute to see my son play that. I hope he enjoys sports just as much as I always did. May God bless him with great athletic talent so the sports will be a lot more fun for him. And may God bless your kids and grandkids with great athletic skill also. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment