Thursday, June 29, 2023

Pros and Cons of Raising my Baby

 Here is something that is crazy. We are spending $14 a day on formula. But of course, our little adorable baby is worth every cent. 

I am on my own on the night shift. I slightly resent that, so I buy myself happy things sometimes to say good job to myself for doing that. You always see in movies that both the mom and dad are sleep deprived due to caring for the baby. Nope, it's just me. I didn't expect my bf to wake up for the baby though because my ex never did for my daughters. I don't know how common it is for dads to be willing to miss sleep for their baby. Maybe half of dads are willing to. It depends on the job they have I would think. If their job requires a lot of energy from them, they probably won't wake up to help the mom at night. 

My grandmother in law seems to be addicted to having time with the baby. She is 83 though, so eventually I will have to tell her she is too old to hold him. I don't have the guts to tell her that yet. Please pray for me on that. Thanks all. 

My mother in law watches the boy 3 days a week at her house. That is great, and I appreciate her doing that very much. It gives me and my bf time to catch our breath and just relax together again. So nice. :)

Baby James is not spitting up as much now. Thank you God for that. 

I used to go on walks with him in the stroller. I should try doing that again. It has been 108 every day here lately, so walks seem a bit undoable. I hope the weather cools off a bit soon. 

Every day we watch music videos and comedy from Drybar together. I nap on the couch if he is napping. He likes to actually watch the TV already so that is fun. Maybe someday he will become a comedian or a country singer. How cool would that be. 

Overall it has been fun raising my boy so far. I have good help and a fair amount of money to work with. It is a good life that I have set up for myself here. 





No comments:

Post a Comment