Thursday, June 15, 2023

Nurses

 After a woman has a baby, either naturally or a C Section, a nurse comes in her room and pushes hard on her abdomen like 10 times. They don't explain why the heck they are doing it. I swear they leave the room smiling after torturing you. It is supposedly to force the uterus to go back to normal. Why not let it contract naturally when it wants to? 

This is why women still look pregnant after having a baby. The uterus is still pushed out. It's like the nurses could say, "We have to push that stomach back tight so your man will stay with you." I should have said, "Well that is plastic surgery that I did not ask for." Mainly with the nurses who did that to me I wanted to say, "Good Lord! Do you want my stitches to rip open?" They need to be more gentle. And smarter.  Ah nurses....

They also drew my blood every day in the hospital. I asked, "Why do you need to keep drawing my blood?" They said, "We have to figure out why your blood pressure isn't going down after giving you all this medication." I wanted to say, "Because it doesn't work." 😒

Of course my blood pressure probably also stayed high because they kept drawing my blood and pushing hard on my stomach.

 Hospitals are not easy. Every 20 minutes someone is in your room to talk to you about something. I told the nurses one time, "Maybe if you guys would let me take a nap, my blood pressure would get better."

In my second delivery I had a snotty nurse. She told me I wasn't actually in labor, even though I knew for a fact I was. She said I could either go back home or let them inject Pictocin into me. That speeds up the labor. I chose the Pictocin and my baby Joy came out one hour later. But she was blue and the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck. 😳😫 Did that affect her later in life? I always saw her as very smart. She was talking well even before her older sister, for the most part. I don't think that fiasco made her less smart, but still I was always kind of mad that it happened. All because some snotty nurse could not be patient with my labor process. 😪

One time a nurse was drawing my blood and handed me a vial of my blood while she tried to get more out. That freaked me out. I had asked them to run tests because I kept throwing up. It turned out it was just from stress. I was in college then. It may have also been my gall bladder dying, but they couldn't see that from just blood tests. 

Another time I got my blood drawn, because my mom made me, which I resented. I was about 16. My arm got severely bruised due to the nurse fishing around for my veins. Just thinking of it now gives me chills. 

Nurses, be nicer. I am sure your job is hard, but put yourself in the mindset and feelings of your patient. "Do to others as you would have them do to you."

And for all my fellow tortured victims, hang in there. This too shall pass. The nurses will let you be at peace eventually. Just eat healthy so they can't hurt you anymore. 



No comments:

Post a Comment