Thursday, June 15, 2023

Time to Exercise

My Father's Day present to my man was to order roller blades. I am determined to get back in shape for him, and myself. :) The tricky thing about exercise is it makes you more hungry, but if you eat back all the calories you burn, you won't lose weight. I have been trying to not eat after 5pm. That only works some days. If I can pull off that rule and exercise, I'm sure I will get back in shape soon. 

I hope we will skate around the biggest park in our city two days a week. That is my work out plan. I have never loved gyms very much, because I am a germaphobe. Can you imagine how many germs are at a gym? I can just smell them when I go into one. 

So outdoor exercise will be great for our relationship! I roller skated today, and he rode his skateboard. I beat him lol. But roller blades are always faster than skateboards. It was super fun. At one point the sprinklers were on. It was a bit slippery, but I did not fall. Thank you God. :)

I tried the skate park there. I went down some ramps but ended up on my stomach in the grass. It was very sad. I didn't get hurt physically, but my pride was a bit hurt. It is tricky to be on roller blades. 

I started learning to roller blade when I was only 6. My brother used to pull me around with his bike. I remember falling a lot and skinning my knees. I was too cool to wear knee pads. I was determined to learn how to roller blade super well. 

I think I became interested in roller blading from the movie Free Willy. There is the movie scene where the kids are in a skate park, and it looked really cool to me. Today was my first time attempting to do a skate park. Usually I just stay on sidewalks. In California I went roller blading on the boardwalk next to the beach a lot. That was always a lot of fun. Here in Texas at least we have a super fun park to skate around. It was about 2 miles to skate around the entire park. I'll be in shape soon doing that twice a week. Woot!

What do you like to do for exercise? It is nice to do something every week. The more exercise I get, the better I feel. The endorphins are released and I feel on top of the world! Plus, it takes me back to my childhood when I played basketball a lot. I love that worn out feeling. It feels great! 

May God inspire you to exercise in some way. It is good for everything, your mind, body and soul. It will make you much happier, even if it hurts a bit while you are exercising. No pain, no gain right? Get out there and have some fun!

May God bless you all. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment