Friday, June 30, 2023

Medical Bills

 I have no intention of paying my medical bill from my C Section. I feel slightly bad about that, but it is my decision. I gave that hospital 1k, which was money a family member generously gave me, in advance for my bill. I feel like that is what it should cost for a C Section, and that is what I paid them. They kept me for 6 days against my will. When you have a C Section, you can't just leave anytime. They have to release you. 

Granted I had high blood pressure, but I could have gone home sooner. Doctors get way too paranoid about blood pressure. They were just being greedy maybe. Perhaps someone thought, "Ha the longer we keep her, the higher her medical bill will be, and we will all get bonuses." 

 I would have wanted to go home right after my C Section. My mother in law could have been my free nurse. And she wouldn't have been drawing my blood every day and waking me up a lot. I appreciate all they did, but it wasn't necessary. Why should any of us pay for medical care that we don't want or need? That is probably why most people don't pay their medical bills. Also, if they weren't so high, we would pay them. I know they are so high because very few people pay them. Essentially when you pay a medical bill, you are paying for 10 other people too who didn't pay theirs. 

Other countries are very wise with this. They raise taxes and that covers any medical expense. That is what we should do too. I think taxes are currently about 30% of someone's income. That should cover medical expenses. If it doesn't, then that is just ridiculous. 

Someday I might pay all the medical bills I still owe. I might get a giant inheritance soon and then I probably will in order to raise my credit score. For now, I don't care much about my credit score. I have a paid off car, and I plan to live in my free house the rest of my life. Good credit is not really needed for anything else. 

The nurses kept wondering why my blood pressure was high. I said one time, "Maybe if you guys would let me nap, it would go down." But they come in your room every 20 minutes for a different reason. It was fun to be more social with 30 different people though. That part was fun. The chef lady calls to get your order for every meal. I wish every day of my life was like that. I couldn't taste the food very well though due to the blood pressure meds they had me on. That was sad. 

It was nice having the nursery at night. I did feel God told me to be willing to stay for 6 days, mainly to spread some light there, but also to recover fully before doing the night baby shift on my own. Sometimes I would play worship music in my hospital room. I realized that might cause some spiritual attack, which it did. 

My bf stayed the night with me there every night, which was nice. One night I attempted to cuddle with him in the almost twin sized hospital bed. That was interesting. 

It was mostly a good experience, but I still don't feel inclined to pay the bill for it. I paid 1k. That is how much it should have been. If you have medical bills and you need good credit, pay them. Even if you pay just $20 a week, they can't send it to collections. May God bless you with wisdom about what to do about your medical bills. God bless. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment