Monday, September 5, 2022

Bad Signs

 You have a feeling about someone right from the beginning, if it seems meant to be or not. I never should have moved forward with the father of my kids. All the signs were wrong. He was silly. I was very serious. He was Pentecostal. I always had a very strong prejudice against Pentecostals. He hated intelligent people. I was the smartest kid in my class my whole life. He hated rich people. I grew up in CA and my family was very well off.  His Bible looked mostly unread. I have memorized about one fourth of the Bible. His dating profile said, "If you don't like the gym, don't message me. I probably won't be interested in you." I did not like the gym, at least not at much as him. His parents were extremely overweight. I always had a strong prejudice against overweight people. He had a horribly ugly car. I only liked guys with nice cars. He loved being slain in the spirit. I always did, and still do, see it as demonic. 

The only thing we had in common was that we both liked basketball. That one thing made us last 7 years. But that was it. You can't last forever with only one thing in common. 

If you are looking for a partner, look for lots of signs. Don't just fall for anyone. Be wiser then I was. 


No comments:

Post a Comment