Monday, September 19, 2022

High School

 I just watched the movie The Breakfast Club. No movie has boggled my brain as much as that one. In high school I was all of those things. I was popular and in ASB so I was partly the Princess. I played basketball 3 years so I was also the Jock. I was in choir and AP classes so I was also the nerd. I had a crazy childhood so in some ways I was the Basket Case. And I had been arrested for shoplifting when I was 13 so I was also the Criminal. 

I suppose I was mostly the nerd because I was insecure, and I usually felt less then others. That is usually how nerds feel. Maybe that is how we all feel but some fake confidence better then others. I have heard the more macho a man acts the more insecure he actually is. 

High School was a scary time. I remember you feel very exposed in high school. You always have to get up and present something. Teachers would call on me a lot, because they knew I had the right answer. I was usually embarrassed of being smart. I got put on Varsity as a sophomore for basketball. I felt embarrassed about that too. 

I have noticed we are afraid of our own greatness, so we hide. We try to deflect any praise. It feels more comfortable to be invisible then to be great. We crave the attention but at the same time despise it. We never know what we want, if we want to be admired or ignored. I had a guy I liked who also played basketball, but once he started liking me I no longer liked him. Of course what romance can 2 high school kids have anyways? Neither of you has a house so it seems pointless. 

High School is simply a time to figure out who you are, what direction you want your life to go. I remember I was a little missionary in High School and now I try to be a big missionary. :) I have always wanted the whole world to get closer to God. Nothing else matters in the end: not the grades, the sports points, the popularity. The only thing that really matters is how many people can I help get to heaven. The rest is just fluff, random entertainment. Nothing else matters in life. Nothing but leading people to my savior Jesus. 😀

Do you know Jesus? 

No comments:

Post a Comment