Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Money or Family

 We all have the biggest decision in life to make all the time. Am I going to go make more money? Or am I going to save my time for those I love? It seems that getting more money will benefit your family, but time usually is more needed then money. 

When I worked at Papa John's they wanted me to become a manager. I was on my way to the drug test for the job and God told me to go see my girls instead. I said no. He said, "Ok then you have forfeited your right to be their mom." Why? Because I wanted money more then I wanted them back in my life. So I went down the career path instead of the family path. Was I happy? Sometimes. But now I could regret that day forever. They moved away and I might never see them again. Now I have to start over and make a new family. 

But maybe this will be better. No past baggage or drama or hurt feelings to bother with. I have never gotten how divorced parents can handle shared custody. It is extremely awkward for everyone doing it. My family growing up did that for 4 years. It was hard. I did not like it at all. 

I hope my girls are happy and safe wherever they are. I hope they know I love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment