Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Favoritism in Families

 Every parent has a favorite child. My dad favored me and my mom favored my brother. With my girls I felt like my ex favored my oldest girl so I favored the youngest girl. I think I mainly worried she would feel neglected like I did as a child, so I gave her more attention. But then my oldest probably didn't get enough attention.

 No parent has it down perfectly. You can have one child so no one is favored, but then they don't have a sibling to hang out with. Do only children grow up more or less healthy? My happiest time in my life was when it seemed like I was an only child. 

In the Bible, Joseph was favored over all his 11 older brothers. They were so jealous of him that they wanted to kill him. His dad had given him a special coat. His brothers hated him even more. Be careful of giving one child all the attention and neglecting the other kids. They all need love to develop perfectly. You may click better with a certain kid but they all need you. Try to have one on one time with each child. Then later in life, you will have less regrets about how you raised your children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment