Saturday, September 24, 2022

Learning Disabilities

 Everyone in my family had a learning disability except me. My mom had dyslexia. My dad had ADHD to the max. He was extremely hyper. 😣 I have no idea why. And my brother had ADD. My mom always told me I had ADHD but I would just say, "Then why did I get straight A's the entire time I was in school?" I'm sure my intelligence was a gift from God, maybe to make up for getting sexually abused as a kid. 

For some reason almost every guy in my generation had ADD or ADHD, or they seemed to. It could just be said that apparent learning issues go with being a boy. Boys were not meant to sit still and look pretty. πŸ˜‚ They were made to be hunters and warriors. And all the boys say hoorah! 😁 So every little boy comes off as stupid and uneducated because they really just don't care. They are thinking, "Just give me some deer to shoot. Can I just go shoot deer?" 

The little girls understand school well. They fall in line easily. They love to write and make cute crafts. They love to be artistic and write cute poetry. Boys are like, "Ah when will this torture be over...."

I taught one year as a Junior High English teacher. Two days a week we had an essay writing day. I tried to keep it interesting for both genders. I made the essays debate essays, like; "Write for or against, Is TV good or bad?" Then they would get up and read what they wrote and we would turn it into a debate. It was tons of fun. Maybe someday I will have the courage to do that again. It is stressful to teach but also rewarding. 

If you thought you had a learning disability, don't worry about. School is just something we survive until we get to be adults. When we are older, none of it really benefits us, other then knowing how to read. At least you got through it in one piece. 😁 Good job getting through school even though it was difficult. 


No comments:

Post a Comment