Sunday, October 8, 2023

Baby Baby

 Before Justin Bieber wrote his first famous song titled Baby, Baby, Amy Grant had a hit with the same title. She wrote that song for her first daughter awe....I grew up listening to that song a lot and her tape Heart in Motion over and over. My first pop idol was Amy Grant. 

I have never understood why Amy Grant divorced her husband. She wrote some of the greatest love songs about their relationship, and then left him. So sad. I'm sure there were issues, like every marriage has some issues. Maybe he yelled at her or the kids. She said being with Vince Gill was a lot more peaceful. He looks like a peaceful guy. 

Sometimes divorce is needed. Marriage isn't easy for anyone, even people as rich and popular as Amy Grant. Money doesn't solve everything. Perhaps she was too obsessed with fame and popularity and neglected her kids and husband. Maybe that is what made her husband mad, and that would make sense. Maybe he was jealous of how popular she became. Most people didn't know about him. Everyone, it seems, knew about Amy Grant. 

I think it was super shady how both her and Vince Gill had a divorce and then married each other. It's amazing they went on to produce gospel albums, especially if they cheated on their spouses with each other. No wonder the world sees Christians as fake hypocrites. But no one knows what actually happened, because they won't say what happened. 

I hope they have a good rest of their marriage. 

I wonder if Amy left her first husband, because she sensed that he wasn't really Christian. He just was a good pretender, like my first husband. She saw Jesus more in Vince and wanted more of Jesus, so she married Vince instead. Maybe she felt unequally yoked in her first marriage. I can relate to that. My ex husband kept saying, "I hope God can save me." Usually someone who is saved wouldn't say things like that. I found that to be very odd. 

Make sure you are equally yoked with who you decide to marry. It's hard to find a person who loves God to the same degree that you do, but you can try. It can get tricky if you grow at different rates in your walk with God while married. It is what it is. Try to grow at the same speed. Then you will never feel unequally yoked. :) 

Don't get divorced if you don't really need to. It only causes pain for everyone in the long run. 





No comments:

Post a Comment