Monday, October 23, 2023

Birth Order Personalities

 Kevin Leman wrote a book called "The Birth Order Book." He says that if you are the oldest child, or an only child, you are meant to be a leader, a manager, a politician. If you are the youngest you are meant to be a comedian. If you are the middle child you are meant to be a mediator, whatever job that means. My mom wanted to be a translator and she was a middle child. I did always want to be a comedian and I was the youngest. My big brother was a manager, and he was the oldest. 

I was also the middle child for a season, when my younger step-brother came into the family. Then my big brother moved so then I was the oldest, essentially. Then I became a pre-school teacher. 

I can be both a sanguine and a choleric. It can be good to be both. Each personality is needed for different situations. That is why working in pizza was perfect for me. My sanguine side loved just being a delivery driver. My choleric side loved being a manager. 

I was the only bridge between those two groups. Normally the managers are always pretty frustrated with the drivers. The drivers just want to stand around and do no work and talk. The managers are working their but off to get the orders ready for the drivers. I was the only driver that was willing to help in the store a lot. So they made me a manager. But then I missed being a driver, so I brought my music in to entertain myself and everyone else. Some people loved it, others hated it. That is probably why it didn't work out for me to work in pizza forever. I was trying to have fun and get work done at the same time. It's hard for most people to do both, sadly. One day my head manager said my speaker should be thrown in the trash. :( That almost made me cry. This is funny though. A few days later my speaker was vibrating and actually fell in the trash. :)

If you just want to get work done, try to have fun too. If you just want to have fun, get some work done too. And good luck doing both at the same time. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment