Monday, October 16, 2023

Regarding Wife Abuse

1 Peter 3:7 says, "Husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered."

Most women who are feminists focus on Paul calling women weaker. But we are weaker. It is good to admit that. Physically most women cannot lift super heavy things like men can. 

This verse is especially complimentary to women I feel because Paul says a husband's prayers can be hindered if he is not understanding with his wife. What does that mean? It almost seems like he can lose his connection with God completely if he mistreats his wife. That is very serious. 

Husbands, be kind to your wife. It almost seems like your salvation depends on it. Take that seriously. 

I have a story to tell in regards to this topic. I had an ex who thought I put his cat outside and almost choked me over it. His cat was just hiding on the bathroom window inside. He put his hand on my throat but then walked away. I started shaking and called 911. He went to jail over it, got a misdemeanor of family violence and we broke up after that. 

Women don't let your man hurt you in any way. Stand up for yourself. It is never ok for a man to physically hurt a woman. 

I have another sad story to tell. My ex husband accused me repeatedly for almost a year of cheating on him. I never did, so it was like mental abuse that he was inflicting on me. As a result, I prayed for God to kill him. The craziest part of this story is that he almost did die that night. He said an SUV pulled up to him while he was dropping gas from his truck at a gas station. Someone pointed something at him. It may have been a gun, but he didn't know for sure. He ran behind his truck, and they drove away. When he told me that story, I was amazed. God almost instantly was wanting to answer my prayer. I think that event was meant to be a wake up call for both of us. For me, to watch what I pray for, because it might actually happen. And to him, to be careful to be nice to me so I would never pray for that again. I told him a month after that that I had prayed for him to be killed. 

Men, don't make your wife pray for you to die, or for anything bad to happen to you. Because her prayers might actually happen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment