Thursday, October 12, 2023

You Can Quit Smoking

Are you tired of feeling sick? You should quit smoking, if you smoke. 

There was a man in the Bible that Jesus asked, "Do you want to get well?" I think God wants to ask us that question every hour of every day. Do you want to get well? Do you like being sick? Or do you want to finally get better? For myself, I am going to try switching from coffee to green tea and chai tea. I do want to get well. I'm tired of coffee hurting my stomach. So a switch is needed. Maybe you smoke and it is hurting you. Is it time to quit? Here are verses that will help you in quitting any addiction that you have:

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says, "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."

We live to serve God, not him living to serve us. We were given our body as a gift from him. We are supposed to be good stewards of it. So be careful in how you care for your body. 

1 Corinthians 3:17, "If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple." So if you destroy yourself, God will destroy you. What does that mean? Simply that he won't stop you from hurting yourself. Be careful to take good care of yourself, so that God will want to take good care of you too. 

1 Corinthians 6:12 says, "All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything." If any substance masters you, that is not good. You have the freedom in Jesus to do anything you want to, but some things should not be done. 

Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." If you believe you can, then you can. God will help you. Just believe that God will give you the victory and he will. And look up the song Victory by Yolanda Adams. It will encourage you. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment