Sunday, October 22, 2023

The Father Wound

 I think wounds from our father, or our father figure, hurt more than other wounds because we expect more from them. In my life my dad sexually abused me as a kid. My step-dad visually molested me if that makes sense. He used to check me out a lot, as in look at my chest and I knew he was. Then years later he molested my daughter. I wish I would have seen that coming, but for some reason I thought he was a reformed man by then. 

Men these days really are dropping the ball. I have always wished men could control their sexual urges more. I actually prayed for that last night, that God would make all men just slightly attracted to women rather than ridiculously attracted to women. A man's sex drive has always irritated me. In my relationships I had some fun in intimacy, but it generally is just me fulfilling a duty. Men need sex once a week and that is how it is. But anytime a guy was super into me, I didn't like it. Maybe because it reminded me of my dad or my step dad.

Dads, be appropriate with your daughters and granddaughters. It's sad that even needs to be said, but it is more common than most people realize. Dads and step dads do all kinds of things with the young women living in their home now. I don't know if it's because they think it's their right, as odd as that sounds. Maybe they think since they pay mostly for the house, they can do anything to the people who live there. I don't understand their crazy minds. 

If you were molested or messed with by your father figure, may God heal your wounds. May you trust men again and not despise the male sex drive. May it not affect your future or current relationships. May you believe that men can be good, even if you mainly experienced bad men. Not all men are bad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment