Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Road Trips

 The best way to bond as a couple or a family is to do a road trip together. There is always a lot to talk about. The scenery always changes, which makes everyone happy. 

My first road trip was at age 9. My family drove from CA to Nebraska. My dad had a hard time finding work in CA, and he wanted us to go live by his mom instead of my mom's mom. They didn't get along very well. I remember we went swimming somewhere along the way. We left our cat in the car. When we came back, he was panting. The poor guy got over heated, but he was still alive. Yay. ๐Ÿ˜บ

My next road trip was when I was 14. This time it was just my mom and I. It was a bit scary because we drove through a lightning storm at one point. She probably should have gotten us a hotel, but there probably were no hotels around there. It was somewhere in Arizona which is like a giant state of nothing. It is just a huge desert with barely any civilization. We stopped at the Grand Canyon and Vegas. My aunt lives in Vegas. It was fun to see the city with her as our tour guide. 

When I was 22 my brother had just gotten back from Afghanistan. He was in the National Guard. To celebrate I convinced him and my mom to do a road trip with me up through South Dakota and Yellowstone and back to CA. My mom and I flew to Nebraska and we took my brother's car. It was a super fun trip. I hope we can do that again someday but perhaps up the East coast next time. It gets really cold up in Yellowstone. One night my mom was trying to take my sleeping bag. She got that cold. ๐Ÿ˜‚ We traded sleeping bags because mine was warmer. 

After my ex died when I was 28 my mom and brother rode with me again from Nebraska to CA. I wanted to live with my mom again. I did for a season, and that was good for me to recover from Roger's death. That was when I started this blog actually. I remember us stopping at Vegas. My aunt tried to convince me to live there. She said I could make a ton babysitting in Vegas. I wanted to say, "Sorry but no. Vegas is the last city in the world I would live in." 

About 3 years ago I went on another road trip to Vegas. That was a bad idea overall. I went with my ex, but it was not fun. We ran out of gas. He wouldn't share his money with me. I regretted very much doing that trip. 

I hope if any of you do a road trip, that it will be a fun time for you. Driving through Colorado is super cool. Someday I'll drive through there again. ๐Ÿ˜


No comments:

Post a Comment