Sunday, October 15, 2023

Dating for a Religion

 I suppose in most of my relationships I have picked the guy based on religion. My first serious boyfriend was like half Christian. He was a bit worldly. I figured his non-denominational upbringing didn't do much to make him a holy, on fire follower of God. So then my next man, my ex husband, was kind of Pentecostal. Perhaps I figured another branch of Christianity might produce a better man who was nicer and more into his faith. A man who was really a good man. He was an ok man. :) I learned he was a bit more on fire, but I was still disappointed. He wasn't as devoted to God as I wanted him to be. It was an ongoing battle to feel like we were growing at the same rate with God. He had to work a lot, so I think he started to worship money more than God. I'm sure he wanted tons of free money so he wouldn't have to work a lot anymore. 

Then my next bf was raised Baptist like me. It was nice that we seemed to be the same in our faith. I was quite done with Charismatic worship and the mentality of those people. I was so happy to be with a guy who was raised like I was. Then I found out he was gay for a time, so I figured his Baptist childhood was not enough to make him a committed Christian. So then my next man was Jewish. I was thinking maybe the Jewish people produce more religious and good sons. But he formerly had a cocaine addiction, so I figured being with a Jew wasn't the solution. 

So this time I found a Baptist guy again. I think overall the Baptists are the best at producing good people. It might be their strict teachings. It might be that they focus on memorizing the Bible and really knowing what you believe. 

I hope you feel in sync in regards to religion with whoever you are with. If you are, that is a great blessing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment