Monday, October 30, 2023

The Dove Awards

This was such a great show! Good job to all the people involved!

I loved the part of this show with Katy Nichole singing "In Jesus' Name." That gave me chills the whole time she sang it. Such a great song! I'm very glad she won new artist of the year. I pray she writes more super great and anointed songs. Good job Katy! 

Oh one group that was missing was Red Rocks worship. Hopefully they will be more recognized next year. They just put out like 10 awesome worship songs. The focus is always on Elevation Worship. They are great too, but Red Rocks worship is more filled with God's spirit, in my opinion. Check out their songs if you haven't heard them yet. Ok "Lion" by Elevation was great this past year. 😁

I kept waiting for Phil Wickham to win an award or perform. Finally, toward the end he did. I care the most about him because he is from SoCal like me. 😃 I got to see him in concert a few times. Go Phil!

I loved how they brought back Grits and TobyMac to sing "My Life be Like." I would say that was the best Christian song ever written. It was cute how the whole audience was up and smiling and dancing to that. It came out probably 20 years ago, and we all still love it. 🎉

I loved that TobyMac won an award and talked about his son dying. May God give him peace over his son's death. It is hard to lose a child. May God help him to keep going with song writing, if he wants to. Thank you TobyMac for all the fantastic music you have put out over the years. You are the biggest star of Christian music, most people would say. You really made Christian music cool more than anyone else has. Good job Toby. I think his best songs have been Feel It, We All Bleed the Same and Speak Life. 👏

And good job Tauren Wells hosting this award show! Your voice is the most amazing voice in Christian music. Your preaching is super inspiring. You are great! Your song "Joy in the Morning" should have won an award. 🙂

 If you haven't seen the Dove Awards on YouTube, check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment