Saturday, October 28, 2023

India

 When I was 14 I went on a missions trip to India with my church. I was the youngest on my team. We went with YWAM. It was their first time sending a team to India. I picked that country because I was representing India in a MUN conference. One of the topics was religious intolerance. I read how they would burn Christians in India. That was literally why I wanted us all to go. I said to my youth pastor, "Maybe other people would be too scared to go, so we should go." I was a little firecracker in my youth. :) Maybe kind of suicidal, but mainly just daring. 

I remember walking around India when we went shopping for Saris. Everyone was staring at us and watching us as if to say, "Why are you here?" Maybe they thought we were famous movie stars shooting a movie there. We had a guy following us around with a camera to make a promo video. The video was meant to encourage other missions groups to go there. I remember he was about 24 and I had a crush on him. 

First we flew to Seol, then Bangkok, then Calcutta and then Guwahai. I was very interested to see Calcutta because I knew Mother Theresa spent most of her time there in ministry. It was kind of sad. I could feel the sadness in the air there. Overall I learned from my trip to appreciate all I have more. We never realize how lucky we are to have all the things that we have. Our lives are so blessed and comfortable. Of course I think we are blessed in America because we were started to be a Christian nation. Although I have heard some things saying the opposite. There may have been a lot of witchcraft at the beginning of America, but I like to focus on us being mostly Christian. 

If you get a chance to go to India do it. It will help you appreciate your current life more. Really anywhere you travel will help you appreciate what you have more.




No comments:

Post a Comment