Friday, October 6, 2023

Shopping Addiction

 The way that I have the most fun is shopping. Typical woman, right? I have never been addicted to a substance, other than maybe coffee, but I do get addicted to shopping. It's easy to think this next thing will make me super happy. It probably will just make me a little happy, which is nice, but not super happy. It is good to remember that when buying things.

A super great movie is "Confessions of a Shopoholic." She has a maxed out credit card so her friend forces her to watch a debt management video. The guy tells her, "Before you buy anything ask yourself, 'Do I need this?" The answer usually will be no. Of course you need some food and maybe new socks sometimes, but beyond that what do you really need each week?

It is good to cut some things out that you buy. If you order things online, it can be a good practice to go through your online cart and delete every other thing. Then see if you miss it. You might not. I have done that a lot and it's actually a bit fun, which sounds odd but it is. 

"A penny saved is a penny earned." :)

Here is a wonderful sermon about addiction....

https://youtu.be/x7wB9Azs-hk?si=8ALG6bVfY6_5CpAr


No comments:

Post a Comment