Saturday, October 28, 2023

The City that God Destroyed

 Why did God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah? The whole city was mostly gay. Here is the story. Two male angels entered the city to test the people. They stayed with Lot and his family. The men of the city were banging on Lot's door asking for him to send the two angels out so they could have sex with them. Lot said, "How about I give you my daughters instead?" I always resented that part of the story. Lot gives the men his daughters. The next day Lot and his family leave the city so God can destroy it. Lot's wife looks back, which meant she didn't want to leave. That is the story of her turning into a pillar of salt. God was judging her for loving such a sinful city. 

I remember 10 years ago I was reading Revelation again. I was getting really worried that Rev. 19 was about America. It said in one hour it was destroyed, Babylon. From the description I was thinking it sounded like America. 

Does America now look like Sodom and Gomorrah? Not yet. But we are on our way there. 

"Note the kindness and severity of God." Kindness to us now, but severity for those he decides to judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment