Monday, October 2, 2023

Reasons to Never be Afraid

"Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you...No weapon that is formed against you shall succeed, and you shall refute every tongue that rises against you....I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears....The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe....Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus....Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.....When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul....The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them....The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent....I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me?...Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed, for the Lord God is with you. He will never leave you or forsake you...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.....Cast all your anxieties on God, because he cares for you....The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When evildoers assail me, it is they who stumble and fall....Someday God will wipe away every tear from our eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things will have passed away....Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved....The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing....Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom....God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble...stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong....I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


No comments:

Post a Comment