Thursday, October 26, 2023

Power Struggles

Don't get into power struggles with your baby. I remember with my first baby, she wouldn't always drink her bottle when I wanted her to. I would get angry that she did not do everything I wanted her to do. I thought she was declining her bottle just to test the limits of my patience. Granted babies can try to test the adults in their life. They like to exert their own will, starting almost right after they are born. 

Mostly though, babies may not want to drink because they want to stay awake. They don't mean to annoy you. They just don't want to get sleepy. They might be tired of sleeping. Maybe they just want to spend more time with you. Maybe they want you to hold them more before they are willing to drink a bottle and sleep. This is why rocking a baby to sleep is ideal. They want more parent time and holding time before sleep. 

If your baby or child is not compliant, just stay calm and call your mom or pray. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment