Wednesday, November 21, 2012

God Is In the Small Stuff

Did God just create the world and then sit back and watch it passively? 

No, he is involved in EVERY activity of our everyday lives.  We would see Him if we would just open our eyes to really see.  Jesus said, "To those who have ears to hear and eyes to see."  We all have ears and we all have eyes, but how many of us REALLY see and REALLY hear......God.  He is ALL around us.  He is in everything we do, every person we see.  I love the end of one of Hopkin's poems "As Kingfishers."  He concludes by saying:
 
Each mortal thing does one thing and the same:
Deals out that being indoors each one dwells;  (God dwells inside of each of us, and we display Him)
Selves—goes itself; myself it speaks and spells, (We all cannot help but express as we were made)
Crying Whát I do is me: for that I came.
Í say móre: the just man justices; 
Kéeps gráce: thát keeps all his goings graces;
Acts in God’s eye what in God’s eye he is—
Chríst—for Christ plays in ten thousand places,
Lovely in limbs, and lovely in eyes not his
To the Father through the features of men’s faces.

 
God is IN all of us, because we are all made in God's image.  Do we see that?  Do we REALLY see that?  Do we see that HE is ALL around us, in other people?  The next time you want to get mad at another human being, remember, God is in that person and God made that person.  :) 
 
Look for God.  You will begin to see him more and more in everything all around you, if you want to. :) 
 
Wisdom from the book God Is In the Small Stuff:
 
"We want to encourage you to see how God is involved in the details of your life.  We know that you can appreciate God's existence when you see a beautiful sunset or a star-filled sky."  Amen!  He is in everything.
 
"We know we can sense His presence when miraculous events occasionally happen to you...like walking away unharmed from a car crash."  That has happened to me a few times.  He has saved me from so, so many things!
 
"I know the Lord is always with me.  I will not be shaken, for he is RIGHT beside me."  Ps. 16:8  Amen!
 
"The more you remember what God has done in your lives in the past, the more you will see Him at work in your lives in the present....If you spend all of your time thinking about what God will do for you in the future, you'll forget what God has done for you in the past."  
 
 aka. count your blessings :)  We all have SO MUCH to be thankful for if we would just remember all that God has given us throughout our lives. :)

"You can see God at work without looking to hard: restored health from an injury or illness; a financial crisis averted; the safe trip; the new job; the healthy baby; all of those things you prayed about and God answered, but you have since forgotten."

Here's what God did for me.  He has "taken me from the miry clay and set my feet upon the rock.  Now I know.... I love you, I need you.  Though my world may fall I'll never let you go.  My Savior, my closest friend."

HE took me out of the shame I had of my past, the miry clay that I was in.  He showed me how much he loved me, that I could do great things.  He gave me hope for my future.  He told me I was his child, since my father left me fatherless in doing what he did.  He helped me believe in myself again.  He helped me see all the gifts he gave me.  He helped me to have confidence in myself again.  He gave me mentors and several, several people in my life to show me the path. 

He still picks me up EVERY TIME I am down.  He listens to everything I ever want to say to Him.  He is always there for me.  He is always there to show me He loves me when I need Him to.  He is my life sustainer and my only provider that matters.  He is....everything I need, and I know that He is abundantly in me and all around me! 
 
"God remembers what He has done for you lately.  Do you?"

"If you are having a difficult time being thankful, the problem may be your memory." lol :)

"Take time to tell someone what God has done for you."  I would add to that, don't just tell one person, tell the world! :)

God is all around you.  Will you open your eyes to see Him?

May God give us all eyes to TRULY see and ears to TRULY hear His presence everywhere. Amen.

Be blessed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment