Friday, November 9, 2012

Love and Heaven



Roger In Heaven

I know the moment you died

Jesus' face was smiling on you

Welcoming you into the city of gold

I know you are enjoying the light of His presence right now

I know you are walking in peaceful gardens with your grandpa

Talking about everything and enjoying being with him again

I know your body no longer hurts

And you no longer have regret, pain or guilt about your past

I know you are supremely happy

And I can't wait to see you again someday

Thanks be to God that he took you to be with Him.

 

Mansion in Heaven

I believe God gave you a mansion in heaven

And here is why

I know you saved several girls from committing suicide

When you worked in mental health for 10 years

You stuck by your kids when everyone else would have run

Given what you had to deal with

You had every reason to turn your back on God

With all that He let you go through in your life

But you never did

You never quit, you never gave up

You led several people to Christ

You were not ashamed to say you were Christian in the darkest of places

And you had the most beautiful, caring heart I had ever seen

You were the first person I had met that really understood un-conditional love

And you saw more than anyone how much God loved you for who you were,

 Not for what you did.

I never knew someone who knew God's heart as much as you did

And you taught me more than I learned from any pastor about who God really is

For all that, I think God should give you a mansion.

And maybe a horse too.

 

Love Poems

 

I Loved You More Than Words Can Say

I think you knew how much I loved you,

But just to be sure,

I want to send this love letter to heaven,

To say you meant the world to me.

I never tired of your presence or you holding me.

I never felt closer to anyone in my life than I felt to you.

I did not always express how much I loved you,

But I hope you knew how much I did.

I loved the sound of your voice and the way you looked in your uniform.

I loved getting texts from you 24/7 and hearing you coming up the stairs.

I loved knowing I could walk up and hug you whenever I wanted to.

I loved riding around in your car with you,

And all our trips to the parks and the river

I loved sharing the deepest parts of our hearts with each other.

I miss that.

I loved how wise you were and how you always knew what to tell me.

I loved seeing how you interacted with Jade our cat, and how much you loved her.

I loved seeing you play with your kids and thinking how you would play with our kids someday.

I love that you had the kindest, biggest heart of anyone I had ever known.

I loved how much I could trust you, even though it seemed like I didn't.

I loved that I never had to worry that you were going anywhere, at least not by your own will.

I loved that you would brag to your co-workers about how wonderful I was,

And how lucky you thought you were to have me.

I loved how you would try to get advice on how to help me in my pain. 

I loved everything about you and I hope I expressed that enough to you.

And most of all, I love that you are in heaven now and that I don't have to worry about you ever being sad again. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment